How To "Fix" The PDFMaker Error [Converting XLS To PDF]
In using Microsoft Office 2007 in combination with Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Professional, I’ve discovered that there are some issues. Namely, in converting Excel documents to PDF documents. Word documents seem to work ok. But the problem comes when Excel tries to utilize the PDFMaker utility. A message pops up saying “Missing PDFMaker Files.” Then it asks if you would like to reinstall Adobe using “repair mode.”
This happens whether you try to convert through Adobe, or if you open Excel and convert using the Adobe PDF print option.
I’ve discovered a “solution” to the problem, although I haven’t actually figured out what exactly causes this error.
- Open the Excel document you want to convert to PDF in Excel.
- Select the “Print” option.
- Under the Printer name, select “Adobe PDF.”
- Click “Properties,” and on the menu that pops up, make sure the following boxes are UNchecked: “Add document information,” “Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts,” and “delete log files for successful jobs.”
- Under the “Default Settings,” select “High Quality Print.”
After this is complete, you can successfully convert your Excel document to PDF. I don’t know why this works, but it does. So, if you have this same problem, and you know a little more about this… or, if what I’ve done has helped you to figure out the actual problem, feel free to leave a comment and let me (everyone) know.
Read a book.